Event/Venue Operations: Event Operations/Management
Regional Marketing Manager- Northeast Region - IRONMAN (Greater NY/CT, xx)
The Marketing department is tasked with generating and converting demand for Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series and IRONMAN events, affiliated brands and products, creating value for customers, and profitable growth strategies for the business.
This Regional Marketing Manager (RMM) position is focused on the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series and IRONMAN events. With a portfolio of US and Canadian events, the RMM is primarily responsible for designing strategic, overall event marketing programs that deliver participants against budgeted attendance targets. Reporting to the Director of Event Marketing, the Regional Marketing Manager brings strong project management skills, creativity, multichannel thinking, organization, analytical aptitude, teamwork and confident leadership to every problem or opportunity.
Spearhead comprehensive regional marketing plans and manage implementation with event mangers and regional leadership.
- Craft marketing approach for specific events, which adapt national product offerings or messages so that they resonate with consumers in each specific locale.
- Create promotional plans which successfully meet volume and profitability targets, and manage their implementation in partnership with creative services and the marketing department.
- Plan and facilitate media buying and creative development for print, radio, out of home and other traditional media in addition to digital advertising and new media placements, either through media agencies or direct negotiation.
- Build and nurture in market relationships to build brand awareness, community engagement, and drive registrations
- Work closely with functional leads within the Event Management, Creative, Digital Marketing, Social Media, and Email Marketing teams to:
o Monitor current and historical deployment of marketing channels such as email, print, out of home, digital and grassroots marketing to identify trends and synthesize new ideas into marketing plans and event executions.
o Take ownership of marketing objectives and make recommendations on the allocation of budgets and activities to meet registration and participant satisfaction goals.
o Develop a keen understanding of regional and local markets, using firsthand observation, quantitative and qualitative data about the industry, consumers, places and categories.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5-8 years marketing experience
- 1-2 years experience with or exposure to digital marketing including search, display, social media and email marketing
- 2+ years team leadership
- Excellent strategic and analytical thinking capability
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills, with the ability to advocate for change in any environment among peers, managers, executives, and outside partners
- Superior time management and prioritization skills, with the ability to fluidly transition between managing the work of others and being an individual contributor
- Possess a goal-oriented approach, with the desire and capability to track activities to business metrics and an overall plan. The success full candidate has a demonstrated desire to conceptualize, execute, and report on complex integrated marketing programs
- A passion for running and an active lifestyle is a plus
- Ability to travel 15%+
Candidate must be able to demonstrate
· Multi touchpoint campaign implementation and management
· Project leadership
· Teamwork and collaboration
· Mass marketing experience
· Experience delivering a project against clear metrics